Monday, November 15, 2010

Welcome to Aldivia Designs

Aldivia Designs is artwork inspired by my children. My son, Alden (4), has been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome and my daughter, Olivia, who is a typical 2 year old, inspired the creations of this funky flair for color and design. Aldivia (the name combination of Alden and Olivia) Designs was developed to help others understand and love the difference of what ails 1 in 110 children... Autism. My Alden is part of the 1 in 70 boys that are afflicted with an Autism Spectrum Disorder. I began creating the signature "Alden's Heart" candleholder after I left my job to stay home with my children, as I found that daycares were unwilling to care for my son. It was a true blessing to be home with my children, however, an enormous financial burden to be without a second income. Despite the challenges of finances, therapies, IEP's, doctors, potty training, obsessions, severe sensory, auditory processing, meltdowns, sibling acceptance, structures, and fears... I knew. It was absolutely and unequivocably where my heart was and needed to be. Always having a creative aptitude in pretty much everything that I undertook, "Alden's Heart" was actually a vision of color and beauty that was easily enlightened by my Alden's divine and elaborate soul and my Olivia's angelic and nuturing allurement. "Alden's Heart" represents the celebration of difference where Love (half red/half orange asymmetrical heart), Hope (stars), and Understanding (puzzle pieces) heed a solace, yet whimsical interpretation of Autism awareness. I am here for a reason... or should I say two... Alden and Olivia. This website is dedicated to the beauty in difference of all children or adults afflicted with this all too common disorder and those who love them. My hope is that "Alden's Heart" will symbolize and spread an awareness to love the difference.

10% of all sales will be donated to TheAUTSPOT.com,
an online community & global Autism resources center.
Also, please visit http://www.designsbyja9.com/.
The crafter of the exquisite "Alden's Heart" jewelry.
Enjoy, Shop, Follow my journey blogs, Share your stories.
"Alden's Heart" can make a difference.
Thank you for your kind support.

No comments:

Post a Comment