Monday, February 1, 2010

The Miracle Witness

I am the witness of two miracles - my Alden and my Olivia. I have learned that I can't control everything in my life. My Alden (3), such a beautiful and amazing little soul, who lines up 50 hotwheel cars in a perfect row - perfectly spaced, and can tell you the make and model of each one. My Alden, who still drinks out of a bottle and eats baby food. My Alden, his heart full of love, but his brain has Asperger's Syndrome. My Alden; my miracle. My Olivia (2), such a beautiful and sensitive soul, who blesses you if you sneeze and asks if you are OK if you get hurt. My Olivia, whose gentle heart bleeds if her feelings get hurt. My Olivia; my miracle. I witness the miracles emerge every day. They grow; my love grows. They hurt; I cry for them. They smile; my world adores. They love; I love more. Though the challenge of the miracle is a miracle in itself, I am blessed to be the true Witness.

No comments:

Post a Comment